Saturday, November 21, 2020

Impatience

 I'm so impatient--a major character flaw. What I feel, always with something new, is the need to move on the thing that's being done.

This is to say that I couldn't wait to hear back from that single artist I contacted about adapting a literary story. I went ahead and posted an ad on freelanced:

I also decided that the zombie story should be first. It comes first in the collection, it's short, and it's got action that would seem to give itself over to comics form. 

Working with Mat Johnson, he talked all the time about "present action," what's actually happening in the moment of the story, the physical immediate movement. 

The zombie story has this.

I remind myself that, to move forward, it's necessary to keep choosing. I'll make mistakes and bad decisions, but as long as I'm continuing to make choices, progress will be made. Maybe the impatience can be turned into forward momentum. 

I just have to convince my inner editor that nothing in this is irrevocable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in!

The incredible Marco Bovi rounds out the collection with this, the sixth and final story, to be completed for the upcoming BLOODSHOT WORLD.